Latest from twitter
News coverage in York about the Yorkshire Endeavour English Hub - visit our website to book onto one of our Open Ev… https://t.co/1NIvc7ytNS
We are excited to announce details of our Open Events. To book a place, or for more information, see our flyer!… https://t.co/srjHoi1jDW
We are delighted to announce that we will be running a series of events to officially launch and outline our offer of support for 2019.
About our English Hub
In September 2018, the DfE appointed 32 English Hub schools across England to support other schools to deliver excellent early language and phonics teaching in Reception and Key Stage 1.
We are delighted to announce that the Yorkshire Endeavour English Hub is one of the chosen 32 schools and will be working in Scarborough, Whitby, Ryedale, the East Riding, York and part of Hambleton.
We are now in the process of establishing the hub and we will soon be recruiting schools to receive support and funding for resources.
Any school can request support from the English Hub and the DfE has identified a number of schools that they would like targeted initially. However, if there is more demand than capacity, the hub will select schools to receive support based on the school's capacity to improve, the level of need for support and the level of disadvantage of the children at the school.
The support Yorkshire Endeavour English Hub will provide includes:
- Two free places, per school, for 85 schools at Open Events (see below). These will be held during the Spring and early Summer terms (more details to follow);
- A review of action planning following attendance at an Open Event;
- Potential funding of up to £6,000 per school to invest in resources. This may be fully funded or match funded depending upon the circumstances of the school. Resources must meet certain criteria;
- A full audit of a school's early language and phonics provision carried out by one of our experienced Literacy Specialists and support with further action planning;
- Up to six days of school-to-school support led by one of our Literacy Specialists over the period of a year.
At our launch events
You will be given:
- An explanation of the role of English Hubs across England, in your local area and their intended impact;
- An opportunity to find out about the hub and to meet the team. Heads and senior leaders should attend.
|East Riding||The Lawns, Cottingham, Meeting Room 4||Wednesday 6th February at 1:30pm|
|North Yorkshire Coast||Caedmon College, Whitby||Friday 8th February at 1:30pm|
|North Yorkshire Coast||Seamer and Irton Primary School, Scarborough||Friday 15th February at 1:30pm|
|Ryedale, York and Hambleton||Malton Primary School||Thursday 14th February at 1:30pm|
- Headteachers, Deputy Heads/Assistant Heads and Senior Leaders with a responsibility for phonics or early reading should attend. There will be one in your area – more details will follow.
- Each open event will include an opportunity to observe best practice in host school classrooms;
- Support with school development planning;
- An opportunity for your school to apply for up to £6000 free funding to support the identified development areas for resourcing within your school;
- An opportunity to apply for more intensive support from the English Hub (free of charge);
- £250 will be paid to the school of each participant to cover release costs, travel costs and writing an action plan (maximum 2 attendees per school). *Please note, this will only be paid to schools for attendance at our Open Events, not our launch events.
|North Yorkshire Coast||Lealholm Primary School, Whitby||Monday 11th March, 9:00am - 12:00pm|
|North Yorkshire Coast||Airy Hill Primary School, Whitby||Wednesday 13th March, 9:00am - 12:00pm|
|North Yorkshire Coast||Third date to be finalised|
|East Riding||Molescroft Primary School, Beverley||Thursday 28th March, 9:00am - 12:00pm|
|East Riding||Molescroft Primary School, Beverley||
Thursday 4th April, 9:00am - 12:00pm
|Ryedale, York and Hambleton||Amotherby Primary School, Malton||Wednesday 20th March, 9:00am - 12:00pm|
To register your interest or book your place at one of our Launch Events and Open Events, please email:
email@example.com (Lisa Ponter - Yorkshire Endeavour English Hub Lead).